Tuesday 19 June 2012

Raspberry Pi Empty Unboxing

Well the time has come for me to unbox my Raspberry Pi - it arrived earlier than expected! Unfortunately though I have had a bit of bad luck. I'll spare you the photos, but basically I unboxed two bits of foam with no computer hidden inside them!

That's right - an empty box!!

After looking around on Google it seems I'm not the only one, but I sure am disappointed! To be fair to RS Components (from which I brought it) I contacted them by email on a Sunday evening and got a response within 20 minutes... There should be another one in the post for me arriving soon.


If you order a Raspberry Pi and get an empty box simply send an email to 
Bray, Mike Mike.Bray@rs-components.com

My email:
Hi,
I ordered my Raspberry Pi and it arrived today, but the box was empty. The box was not tampered with as far as I could tell. The security seals were still intact.

My invoice number is: ************

After looking through the forums (http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7194&start=25) it seems that this is a known issue.

Please send my raspberry pi to the following address as soon as possible:

*****
*****
*****
London!


I look forward to hearing from you.

Hugh

His response:
Hi Hugh,

Thanks for letting me know.  Ive reported this to the Pi team, and asked them to issue you with a replacement as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Mike



Although disappointed I am somewhat impressed by the fast reply. I will post again when it arrives - hopefully it'll be better news next time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment